Friday, August 14, 2009

Do migrants find it hard to live in Australia? Is it hard to adjust to our ways and r we being accommodating


Do migrants find it hard to live in Australia? Is it hard to adjust to our ways and r we being accommodating?
I need to find out whether it is hard to live in Australia if you/you've lived by a different culture? For instance, is it hard for a Hindu to adjust or abstain from our ways. (Drinking, sex etc.)
Other - Cultures & Groups - 2 Answers
Random Answers, Critics, Comments, Opinions :
1 :
I don't live in Australia but have friends there. I've heard them say that they have some great Aussie friends (have met them too...they were real nice). BUT...the majority of people that don't know them personally, do stereotype and are unaccommodating towards them. They are judgmental and brash in speech. A hindu friend who doesn't drink - because she was brought up that way....was ridiculed because she wouldn't drink "socially". I don't know about the sex part....but I suspect it must be the same ? edit : what did I do to you, ohaii_troyy! ? Instead of attacking me, you should have stuck to answering the question as posed by the asker. And oh yes, of course you guys have a great reputation for being friendly and accomodating towards all non anglo-saxons. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Racism_in_Australia And culture ? What is Australian culture ??? http://answers.yahoo.com/question/index;_ylt=AmVpo7fbFDeXxXIOq9zlKinty6IX;_ylv=3?qid=20090826043759AAu8uUz&show=7#profile-info-ZjeIdbWvaa All you have managed to do is re-inforce the stereotypical image of a racist Australian.
2 :
Thats a load of rubbish, previous answerer. I'm from Aus, and have been all my life, and the only time any immigrant gets any trouble is if they bring it on themselves. The reason immigrants, particularly Indians and Asians, cop alot of crap, is because of their ability, or inability to drive. That's their biggest downfall, hence why they aren't terribly liked. And in particular, indians tend to be VERY intrusive. Also, I had a Sudanese guy come up to me the other day and try to rob me. 4 of my knuckles split and two of his teeth on the floor showed him whos fkn country it is.







Read more discussions :