Monday, August 1, 2011

Can I apply for an Ivy League if I live in Australia



Can I apply for an Ivy League if I live in Australia?
I am in Year Eight in Australia (13 years old), and I have always wanted to go to Harvard University in America to study law. Is it possible for me to apply to an Ivy League and if so, how do i apply? Thanks.
Higher Education (University +) - 3 Answers
Random Answers, Critics, Comments, Opinions :
1 :
I'm not sure exactly but if I were you I'd definately look into doing an International Baccalaureate (IB). If you live in one of the major cities they'll be schools that offer it but I'm not sure about regional towns. I live in Canberra and the school I go to offers it. It's a bit harder then normal schooling and you have to do extra tests but you can apply for any University in the world which accepts IB. Also look into scholarships. Ask your career advisor. They can always get information for you. Good luck! =]
2 :
You can try. International student can apply-each application to a school will run you about $75.00. And Ivy league schools are going to run over $44,000 per year for tuition. room and board and books To study law you first have to get your four year Bachelor degree, then take the LSAT exam, then apply to Law schools, where you will be for another 3 years. Ivy league schools take in a small percentage of international students. And their acceptance rate is extremely low. Harvard's dropped to 7% last year. Yale have over 20,000 applications and accepted less than 2000 students. Understand what you are up against. To see requirements and how to apply just go on any college web site.
3 :
In the USA, a bachelor's degree (four years of university after secondary school) is required for entry into law school (three years). University education in the USA is very expensive, especially for international students. May I suggest that you first aim for Monash University or another good university in Australia and earn the equivalent of an American bachelor's degree. Harvard Law School accepts fewer than one in eight of its applicants. When you are at university in Australia, it will be time to look into the current requirements for application to Harvard Law School. You will also need to consider whether an American law degree will enable you to practice law in Australia and/or how you will obtain a work visa to practice law in America.






Read more discussions :