Thursday, April 1, 2010

Can my family sponsor me to live in Australia


Can my family sponsor me to live in Australia?
I have a first cousin that has lived in Australia for about 3 years, I'm not too sure if it's that long. Can she sponsor me to live in Australia, also, if she can sponsor me, does that mean I can only live there? Am I allowed to work full time? I'm a British Citizen too.
Immigration - 4 Answers
Random Answers, Critics, Comments, Opinions :
1 :
Contact an embassy of the gov of Australia and they will answer your question.
2 :
a cousin can not sponsor you it must be a parent or sibling
3 :
The best thing to do is contact the Australian consulate. To enter Australia there is a points process that you need to go through. It is based around your age and the skills that are needed in Australia. Melbourne and Sydney are very hard to emigrate to. I do not think that a cousin sponsor you. I think it has to be a parent or a sister but again check it out with the consulate they will be able to advise you. Good luck.
4 :
A first cousin can sponsor you for a Skilled รข€“ Regional Sponsored (Provisional) Visa (Subclass 475) but it only reduces the points you need to get on the points test and your relative must live in a specified regional area. You must still be a skilled worker with qualifications and experience in a required occupation listed on the Skilled Occupations List (SOL). http://www.immi.gov.au/skilled/general-skilled-migration/475/ http://www.immi.gov.au/skilled/general-skilled-migration/475/eligibility-applicant.htm The only type of family sponsorship that isn't for skilled workers must be by a brother, sister or parent and you must have no other close relatives living outside Australia.






Read more discussion :