Sunday, August 1, 2010

Where is the best place to live in Australia for a 16 year old


Where is the best place to live in Australia for a 16 year old?
Im going to be an exchange student in Australia for six months and I want it to be the best experience possible. I want to be near the beach with a lot of things to do. I am very active and love doing things outdoors which is why i thought Australia would be perfect. However, i don't want to make my host family drive everywhere, so these activities would have to be near me. 
Other - Australia - 6 Answers
Random Answers, Critics, Comments, Opinions :
1 :
You don't get to choose exact locations, and besides anywhere is better than nowhere.
2 :
If you want beaches, Sydney has the best beaches of all the capital cities and they are very accessible by public transport. All the capital cities have public transport although some have better systems than others. Sydney and Melbourne are excellent, Adelaide is very good. I don't know about the others although Darwin and Canberra have the poorest from personal experience.
3 :
I live in the US, but im a Australia obsessed person lol i think you should go to sydney. I hear things are quite lovely there:P best of luck!
4 :
I suggest either Perth, Melbourne or Sydney. Perth and Sydney have the better beaches if you are interested in surfing, but Melbourne also has some pretty good beaches if you're into just relaxing/taking a stroll or jet skiing, swimming, kite surfing, boating etc. Perth is more laid back than Melbourne and Sydney, but there isn't near as much to do there compared to the other two. There's endless amounts of things to do in Melbourne and Sydney so you will never get bored, however living in Sydney is more expensive of the three. All three cities have wonderful landscapes and nature around them, so you can't go wrong.
5 :
Alice Springs
6 :
I live in Adelaide, and I would not suggest it if you actually want to do anything. Adelaide is the city where people move if they don't want tourists around. That explains why we have festivals every few weeks. I would, however, recommend Sydney or anywhere along the cost of Queensland. Sydney is the largest city and probably has the best transport (at a guess) but the famous Bondi Beach is always packed full. It's also not as warm as Queensland. Brisbane (capital of Queensland) is pretty good. The Gold Coast which is a few hours south has all of Australia's major theme parks and Australia Zoo is a few hours north. However, all of these places are still pretty far from stuff to do. The Gold Coast (yes that is an actual city) is a hot-spot for night-clubs (I think). It hosts the major graduation party in the entire nation every summer. It has lots of beaches and is a pretty hot development spot at the moment. Anywhere along the Sunshine Coast (north of Brisbane) is also pretty awesome but lacking in large cities. Australia Zoo is up there, along with a few other activities. I went knee boarding and water skiing at a cable water-ski place outside of Maroochydore. If you want to go way up north I would suggest Cairns. Like all of Queensland it is a holiday hot-spot. I've spent a few weeks there myself and loved it, but don't go there if you don't like humidity. If you don't mind the cold and lack of beaches (sorry) I would definitely recommend Tasmania but you're looking for beaches so.... Sorry, I tend to ramble. Good on you for going on exchange. I've thought about it a few times and eventually decided not to. Italy sounds good but I don't have a word of Italian and I can get Italian food here.











Read more discussion :