Saturday, March 14, 2009

How expensive is it to live in Australia


How expensive is it to live in Australia?
Instead of miami or los angelous how much does it cost to live in sydney or perth? Australia looks like a very cool place to live. Its almost like america just more tropical. Plus they speak english!
Other - Australia - 4 Answers
Random Answers, Critics, Comments, Opinions :
1 :
I lived / worked there back in 91 - 92 and spent numerous 3 to 4 month stays up through 96. Gas is expensive. So is rent. Like anywhere, living costs in the city (Sydney) are pricey (eating out, entertainment, etc.). When you get out of the city and visit the countryside, things are more reasonable. It's a great place to see. Don't pass it up if you get the opportunity to go. It'll be one of your greatest life experiences.
2 :
Look, i'm a guy (despite appearances hahah..) and lived in Wollongong and Gold Coast, cause I just LOVE surfing and can't be bothered getting my life together- soooo, on the dole I got 850$ a month and got by fine! At one point I was even smoking.... I had a job where I earned about double that, and I lived like a king. Car, sound system, ate out all the time......more surfboards.... - Room in a shared flat : 40$ to 100$ - Butter chicken w/rice in a quality take-away : 10$ - Pizza hut all you can eat : 7$99c
3 :
For renters, rent is about $250 to $300 a week for a very ordinary house. Groceries cost around $250 a week for a couple. Petrol is just under $1.40 a litre today.
4 :
Cost of living depends a lot on where you live. Sydney is probably the most expensive of the capital cities. It's not "almost like america just more tropical." I can't compare to the US as I've never been there, but we have universal healthcare, which is certainly an improvment; as are our gun laws. The tropics are tropical, yeah, but the areas falling outside the tropics certainly aren't.







Read more discussions :